- This event has passed.
Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Forum 2023
May 24 @ 9:00 am - May 26 @ 5:00 pm
The 3rd biennial Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Forum will take place in at the Commonwealth Secretariat headquarters in London from 24 – 26 May, under the theme “Aligning Ambition and Action towards Implementing an Inclusive Energy Transition.”
The three-day event will convene senior officials from across the Commonwealth in the energy sector, youth delegates, industry experts, partner organisations and private sector participants, to discuss approaches and strategies available to Commonwealth member countries for aligning ambitious energy transition goals with action on the ground.
Organised under the Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition (CSET) agenda, the Forum is a platform for collaborative action amongst the 56 member countries to accelerate the transition to low carbon energy systems.
The first day will feature keynote speeches, presentations and panel discussions with high level speakers and industry representatives, followed by a reception. Sessions will focus on:
- Implementing a Just & Inclusive Energy Transition
- Scaling up Mature Solutions and Enabling Innovations in Clean Energy Technology
- Creating the Enabling Environment for Accelerating the Energy Transition
A closed-door plenary will take place for delegates from Commonwealth member states with presentations from different countries on individual pathways, progress and challenges. Dedicated sessions will cover:
- Country presentations and experiences
- Progress from CSET Action groups
- Role of young people and gender equality in the energy transition
The third day will focus on solutions to unlock public and private sector funding for the energy transition. Discussions will be held under Chatham House rules to encourage interactive, open and robust exchanges. Sessions will cover:
- Financing the energy transition
- Plenary session on key takeaways from the Forum
For more information about the event, please contact Commonwealth International.